– Hi Stu, I would like to start with some basic information about Deck Heads. Where about’s are you located and how long have you been open for?
OK so we are based in Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire and we have been up and running now for just over 12 months.
– Please tell us a little history behind the shop, how did you get to where you are now?
Deckheads history is fairly simple really. My step son rides and I was tired of having to order online as there wasn’t anywhere in West Yorkshire to order from. So after Xmas 2011, and an order we placed with an online retailer turned up very wrong, I decided to set up in Leeds. A few months of research and gathering suppliers and we opened and we have never looked back.
– Does Deck heads have a team, and if so who is out there right now repping for you guys?
Yeah Deckheads has a pretty sweet team at the moment. All our riders have different styles and love doing their own thing but get on so well it’s awesome. Our team riders are Jack Grimshaw, Eve Parker, James Swift, Tom Pearson and Joe Whitworth.
– 2012 was a brilliant year for scooting but what are your plans for 2013?
2012 was an awesome year for Deckheads and, if everything works out, 2013 will be even better. We are relocating our Morley shop to larger premises close by which should be done by April 2013. We have also just taken over the shop space at the Works Skate park in Leeds, which we are very proud of as we beat lots of competition for the space, and finally we have another awesome idea for 2013 which no one in Yorkshire has done yet…but we are keeping that under wraps for now.
– What excites you in scooting right now?
The sport is still growing, which is exciting, and this year should see Scooting hit new highs. With the Lucky video going viral and being supported by the likes of Red Bull, Dakota on the Ellen show, the Nitro Circus and world championship events like Scoot Fest and ISA…It’s all good!!
– Thanks for your time guys, any final words or shout outs?
Just to say thanks to all the people who helped Deckheads get where we are today. The guys in the scooter industry (especially Rich at Razor UK & Luke at Grit), our team riders, my family & friends (especially Soph, Cam & Dan), Matty Fowler & the guys at The Works Skate park. But mainly thanks to all our customers, we appreciate all of you. Check out our website www.deckheadsscooters.co.uk & follow us on Facebook at Deckheads Scooters for updates & offers.