Sign up for VoidMag
Find us on Facebook
There is still a distinct lack of Female riders in freestyle scootering. When they turn up they do tend stand out instantly just because of how much of a niche they are within. This can lead to Female riders being hooked with a sponsorship simply because of that fact. Although it’s needed to showcase girls within the sport to attract more it also can have a damaging effect, with the males in the sport spitting venom over what the consider to be unworthy riders getting hooked up. Aimee Foster is a female rider from the North East of the country and the kind of rider who is always pushing herself as hard as possible. Aimee doesn’t fit into the bracket of undeserving which is why she has recently earned a place upon the Crisp flow team. We asked Amiee a few questions about here self and her riding so you can get to know the next up and coming female rider before watching her welcome to Crisp flow video.
– Hi there Amiee how are you ?
Hey there guys. I’m fine thanks for asking
– Lets start with some basic information. What is your full name, how old are you and where are you from?
Well my name is Amiee Foster, I am Sixteen year old and from Peterlee in County Durham
– So what got you into riding a scooter and how long have you been riding for now ?
I have been riding for nearly two and a half years now. I first came across scooters online, where I saw some edits. My interest was instantly peaked and i wanted to get out and try it. Beyond that seeing edits of Lewis Williams, Tabitha Windle and Charlotte Worthington has kept me motivated to ride and push myself.
– What’s your favourite trick to do and why ?
Im pretty stoked with my Backflips and the variations I’m getting with them but I think I like my whip kickless because they are a good trick to add into a line.
– Do you currently have any other sponsors?
Right now my only other sponsor is Override skatepark and I can’t thank George enough for helping me out as much as he has.
– Do you have any favourite riders who inspire you ?
My favourite pro riders our Tabitha Windle and Lucy Evans because they are always progressing and they ride so smooth. I hope one day I can session with them both.
– What are your aim’s and goals with scootering? Where do you want to take it?
My goals within scooter and fairly simple. I want to ride and having fun doing that and if along the way I can show people that its not a male only sport then that would be awesome.
– Do you feel any kind of pressure as a female in sport that is mainly male dominated to represent the girls in a certain light?
No not really. Ive always just got on with my riding and tried to let that do the talking
– Well thanks for your time Amiee its been great talking to you. Is there any shout outs you want to put out there?
Yeah I would like to say thanks to the whole override team, you guys are great. Special thanks to George Simpson and Michael Winn for the support they have given me.